Re: Tomcat4 manager application

Guy Geens wrote:

One minor nitpick: the tomcat4-webapps package does not install the
applications by default.

It should automatically install them since the package's postinst even
restarts Tomcat. Maybe you have used an expterimental version of the
package before and not removed the tomcat4 package before installing 4.0.2-1
so /usr/share/tomcat4/webapps is still a directory and not a symlink?

javax.servlet.ServletException: Error allocating a servlet instance
root cause:
java.lang.SecurityException: Servlet of class org.apache.catalina.servlets.ManagerServlet is privileged and cannot be loaded by this web application

I've never tried the manager application, I'll check this before I upload
4.0.3-1. Thanks for the hint!

> I have security disabled in /etc/defaults/tomcat4.

This is something you should IMHO not do. You should rather add a
configuration file to /etc/tomcat4/policy.d/ for each webapps that needs
special privileges.

--
Stefan Gybas