Re: Tomcat4 manager application

>>>>> "Stefan" == Stefan Gybas <gybas@trustsec.de> writes:

Stefan> It should automatically install them since the package's
Stefan> postinst even restarts Tomcat. Maybe you have used an
Stefan> expterimental version of the package before and not removed
Stefan> the tomcat4 package before installing 4.0.2-1 so
Stefan> /usr/share/tomcat4/webapps is still a directory and not a
Stefan> symlink?

I upgraded the package from version 4.0.2-0.7 without purging. So I
still had the webapps directory under /usr.

I just downloaded and installed 4.0.3-1 (after purging the previous
version.)

(Very minor nitpick: purging the tomcat4 package left the directory
/etc/tomcat4/policy.)

Stefan> I've never tried the manager application, I'll check this
Stefan> before I upload 4.0.3-1. Thanks for the hint!

Manager application works in 4.0.3-1.

Guy> I have security disabled in /etc/defaults/tomcat4.

Stefan> This is something you should IMHO not do. You should rather
Stefan> add a configuration file to /etc/tomcat4/policy.d/ for each
Stefan> webapps that needs special privileges.

I would like to, but compiling JSPs only works if security is
disabled. (Same problem as reported before.)

--
G. ``Iggy'' Geens - ICQ: #64109250
Home: <ggeens@iname.com> - Work: <guy.geens@cgey.be>