Re: Tomcat 4.0.1 in Debian?

"GOMEZ Henri" <hgomez@slib.fr> wrote:

> We have some discussions around  the packaging of these kind of API,
> which  are mandatory  for TC  4.x  on tomcat-dev  and Sun  employees
> clearly indicate that WE SHOULDN'T PROVIDE ANY PACKAGING OF SUCH JAR
> (RPM/DEB), see Licence

Hi Henri,

I    followed     some    discussions    where     you    appear    at
general@jakarta.apache.org   (or   was  it   general@xml.apache.org?),
especially when you (i think) argue that jakarta is not responsible to
provide  a  full distribution  and  it's  user  or package  maintainer
responsability  to   download  the   different  jars  needed   by  the
application (in our  case tomcat4). I did not send a  "me too" mail at
the time :) but I do agree :).

So  following your proposition  on the  mailing list  (I think  it was
you),  how about  an installer  package? Users  will download  all the
needed packages and the installer  package will unzip and move them to
/usr/share/java  with  all  the  rest   of  the  jars  in  the  Debian
distribution.

-- Arnaud
http://vbstefi60.fapse.ulg.ac.be/