Re: Missing 'classes.zip' in j2sdk1.3

Guy Geens <ggeens@iname.com> writes:

> yihan> I've installed j2sdk1.3 from Blackdown Org., unfortunately
> yihan> when I tried to install JavaICQ, it said that I didn't have
> yihan> classes.zip file. I've searched through the filesystem, I
> yihan> couldn't get it. The command I used was "find / -name
> yihan> 'classes.zip'".
>
> Classes.zip is part of the 1.1 JDK. AFAIK, JavaICQ does not work
> with JDK 1.2. (I installed JDK 1.1.5 to use it.)
>
> It might work with 1.3, but I never tried.

Sort of.  JavaICQ's bytecode has been obfuscated.  Cleverly Mirabilis
used an obfuscator that generates broken bytecode.  Java 2 refuses to
run such code by default.  If you disable the bytecode verifier
(-noverify) it might work to some degree.

Anyhow, JavaICQ is very old.  I would recommend using a more
up-to-date ICQ client, e.g. licq.

        Juergen

--
Juergen Kreileder, Blackdown Java-Linux Team
http://www.blackdown.org/java-linux.html