Java applets LiveConnection only works under 'root'

I've made a symlink of 2 same files in different directories so that Java applets LiveConnection can work properly under Netscape 6.2. But it only works under 'root', as a normal user, the browser is still crasehed by the applets. I've consulted irc.debian.org, somebody said that it was something to do with file permission, but I'm a newbie and I just dunno what to do. Can anybody help me?

The command successfully made the symlink is quoted below:

"ln -s /usr/local/netscape/plugins/java2/plugins/i386/ns600/libjavaplugin_oji.so /usr/local/netscape/plugins/libjavaplugin_oji.so"