Woody and JDK 1.3.1

Hi,

I tried to install JDK 1.3.1 on Woody, following
http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/debian-java-faq/ch8.html

However:
- - - Schnipp - - -
hde@acp1575> java -version
java version "1.3.1"
Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build Blackdown-1.3.1-FCS)
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build Blackdown-1.3.1-FCS, mixed mode)

****************
Another exception has been detected while we were handling last error.
Dumping information about last error:
ERROR REPORT FILE = (N/A)
PC                = 0x0x4025f988
SIGNAL            = 11
FUNCTION NAME     = (N/A)
LIBRARY NAME      = (N/A)
Please check ERROR REPORT FILE for further information, if there is any.
Good bye.
zsh: segmentation fault  java -version
- - - Schnapp - - -

This seems to be the same error as reported in
http://www.mail-archive.com/java-linux@java.blackdown.org/msg14238.html
and I have indeed noticed a significant improvement by using the -Xrs
switch.

I now wanted to ask whether there is any news about this problem or
even a solution.

tia,
Thorsten
--
Don't let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what is right.
	- Isaac Asimov