Re: org/w3c/dom duplicates in lib-dom-java and lib-openxml-java,libxerces-java!

On Wed, May 30, 2001 at 01:54:52PM +0200, Egon Willighagen wrote:
> But it might indeed be "good" to place the interface classes in a seperate
> jar/package... this would enforce that the implementation *does* implement
> the actual interface, and not some look-a-like...

I may have misunderstood what you meant in my previous message, so
let me clarify.

It is fine to split packages into the official API classes, and
supporting classes.  However, it is not fine to say that there can
be only one "official API classes" package for a given spec (eg, DOM
Level 1).  Different packages should be allowed to supply their own
versions of DOM Level 1 classes.  Perhaps they should provide a
common virtual package and use the alternatives mechanism.  However,
I think they should not conflict.

Andrew