Re: Java 1.2 & 1.3 'in' testing

On Wednesday 21 February 2001 11:34, Juergen Kreileder wrote:
>     Egon> What about the Deb's at Blackdown? There are Woody debs, but
>     Egon> they need to be tested. I can imagine (and propose) a
>     Egon> installer that downloads a blackdown deb package and
>     Egon> installs it... which is the easiest thing to do....
>
> I'm talking to Sun about a possible amendment to our license which
> would allow our deb packages to go into Debian (non-free).  Currently
> I'm waiting for feedback from Sun's legal department.

That is great news! Let me know once you get the feedback.
I'll await that answer before i start working on a package... If it is not
clear wether the answer if positive or not, i'll go ahead and make the
package anyway... if it turns out to be positive later we can drop the
package then....

Uptill then, it would at least say that Debian *is* Java 1.3 aware and solve
that OpenOffice discussion on debian-devel.... The installer *btw* could go
into main, i guess... is that true?

Egon