Can 'guavac' be removed from Debian unstable?

guavac has been up for adoption for 801 days now.  I think upstream is
dead.  There are other free Java compilers.

Is it ok if guavac is removed from Debian unstable, or are there any
reasons to keep it?  (If anyone wants to keep it, are you also willing
to adopt the package?)

(Please CC your replies to me.)

The current maintainer says:

----- Forwarded message from Hamish Moffatt <hamish@cloud.net.au> -----

> a long time and obviously no one cared.  Is this ok for you?  If yes,
> I will ask the FTP masters to remove this package from Debian unstable.

It may be worth asking on debian-java to see if there is still
any value in it. The only bug report in the debian BTS is not
too serious. On the other hand, it is no longer the only free
java compiler around (gcj, jikes etc) so there's probably
no value in keeping it.

Hamish

----- End forwarded message -----

--