Tomcat virtual hosting

Guys,
doing my first setup of tomcat with virtual hosts, and I'm
getting some problems. In my httpd.conf file I have a virtual
server block, and in that block I have "JkMount /servlet ajp13"
as normal.
In the <IfModule mod_jk> section, I'm adding the
workers.properties file, setting up the ModJkLog, and adding
some generic bindings.
Now, the problem is this:
When I start Tomcat, it adds all the correct contexts, including
Context('<ipofvhost>:/context'). However, apache returns a 404
if i try and access any servlets in the <ipofvhost>/servlet/
directory, and checking my Mod_Jk.log file, it has added the
generic bindings, but has not created a binding for the vhost.
has anyone else encountered this, and if so, what is the fix?
cheers,
-Thom
** thom@planetarytramp.net **************** http://www.planetarytramp.net **

 Yours succinctly and without need for bullshit catch-me-if-you-can, fifty
                quid legal poetry stuck on the end, - Jeff"