Re: request for bug filing on all packages uses /usr/share/java/repository

On Thu, Dec 06, 2001 at 07:28:19PM -0600, Adam Heath wrote:
> Can I do the above?  It's just so crappily wrong to have this, it
> should have never existed, the person(s) who thought it up should be
> flambayed(sp).
>
> I WANT to remove ALL traces of this from ALL packages, NOW.  It makes
> building oh so difficult.

Amid all the arguments I've lost track of exactly why
/usr/share/java/repository causes a problem for building things. Can
somebody explain to me why it's worse than, say, /usr/include or
/usr/lib?

I've just converted jlex to using a .jar rather than the repository,
anyway, although I can't really see any particular benefits one way or
the other for a standalone program like this.