Re: stop including external jars in your java packages

> Additionally, if libbar-1.1.3 breaks apps that that use libbar-1.1.0, then
> libbar-1.1.3 is broken.  Please read the docs sun has on the subject(they
> are very concerned about never breaking backwards compatibility).

Where does one find these docs?  Or are these just the docs describing the
conventions that sun uses for their own jars?  If it's the latter, I see no
reason to tell every java developer that debian wants them to adhere to sun's
personal convention.  As far as I was aware, jar versions are
application-specific and are not .so names.

Ben.

--

Ben Burton
benb@acm.org  |  bab@debian.org

I've never felt anything that moves me as much as my piano. I'm
an emotional player. I don't really like people. I prefer my piano to people.
It's totally reliable and it's alive. I can hear what it's saying. For
the most part, piano are female to me. Sometimes they're dykes, and they're
always good fun.
	- Tori Amos, Mick St. Michael CD Booklet