Re: Tomcat install on Potato

On Tue, Oct 30, 2001 at 10:55:56AM -0000, robin.c.smith@bt.com wrote:

> So far I have modified the sources.list to point to testing and I have
> received all the sources for tomcat and all the dependencies in
> /usr/local/src. I haven't installed any java yet but I have downloaded java
> 1.3 from Sun.

You should install JDK 1.3 and use then java-virtual-machine-dummy package
to satisfy Tomcat's dependencies. If you compile a recent jikes on potato
you should be able to use the unmodified tomcat package from unstable. You
only need to rebuild the Tomcat package if you want to use the Apache
connector (libapache-mod-jk) - or you could also use the jserv connector
from the jserv packackge. It's the same protocol.

--
Stefan Gybas