Re: Jikes RVM - IBM's Free virtual machine for Java

Johan Walles <d92-jwa@nada.kth.se> writes:

> Hi!
>
> IBM has released their Java virtual machine "Jikes RVM" (formerly known as
> "Jalapeno") under the CPL
> ("http://oss.software.ibm.com/developerworks/opensource/license-cpl.html";).
<snip>

Hm... looks REALLY cool.

I wonder what the issue is here?  I mean a "Research" virtual machine is cool
and all but a lot of us need to do Real Work (TM) and need a solid and Free,
Open Source JVM.

I want to figure out how usable this thing is.  I mean if we could make this the
default VM within Debian that would be *great* and it would solve a *lot* of
issues.

Kevin

--

   Need a good Engineer?  Hire me!  ( Java | P2P | XML | Linux | Open Source )

        Jabber - burtonator@jabber.org,  Web - http://relativity.yi.org

Build a better mouse trap... and you'll be sued by someone who patented mouse
trapping devices in 1993.