Re: JVM Registry: Implemented

On Sun, Oct 14, 2001 at 03:29:37PM -0500, Ben Burton wrote:

> Okay, I'm back.  I've written a perl script that queries the Java registry.
> You can find the script, the man pages and a few sample registry files at:

Cool.

> http://people.debian.org/~bab/javareg/
>
> Probably best is to download the tarball, extract it somewhere, play with the
> examples in the man pages and go from there.
>
> Note that you will need to give javareg/javacreg the option "-r reg" to tell
> it where to find the registry entries (since the global Debian Java registry
> doesn't exist as yet).

I personally hope that we can make it even more general. But it should
be introduced in java-common. First I have to look for how it works. :)

> If people are happy with this I'd really like to push for this script to be
> included in java-common and for java policy to require that JVMs and Java
> compilers provide appropriate registry entries in /usr/share/java/registry
> (or wherever it's decided that the registry should be).

That seems to be a good location and if it works good it should be introduced
to the policy.

Regards,

// Ola

/  opal@debian.org                     Björnkärrsgatan 5 A.11   \
|  opal@lysator.liu.se                 584 36 LINKÖPING         |
|  +46 (0)13-17 69 83                  +46 (0)70-332 1551       |
|  http://www.opal.dhs.org             UIN/icq: 4912500         |