JVM Registry: Implemented

Okay, I'm back.  I've written a perl script that queries the Java registry.
You can find the script, the man pages and a few sample registry files at:

http://people.debian.org/~bab/javareg/

Probably best is to download the tarball, extract it somewhere, play with the
examples in the man pages and go from there.

Note that you will need to give javareg/javacreg the option "-r reg" to tell
it where to find the registry entries (since the global Debian Java registry
doesn't exist as yet).

If people are happy with this I'd really like to push for this script to be
included in java-common and for java policy to require that JVMs and Java
compilers provide appropriate registry entries in /usr/share/java/registry
(or wherever it's decided that the registry should be).

Ben.

--

Ben Burton
benb@acm.org  |  bab@debian.org

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.
	- Oscar Wilde