Re: [Fwd: [Issue 15720] - attempts to load dt_shmem and generates RuntimePermission exception]

heitzso@home.com writes:

> wanted to pass this on to the java list, which I listen in on ...
>
> If you run blackdown current woody jdk with netbeans 3.2.1 on
> unstable platform (all latest/greatest as of 9:43 AM EST Oct 4), you
> cannot debug because clicking on
> debug=>attach throws an exception re RuntimePermission
> related to access of dt_shmem library

Sure, there's no libdt_shmem.so.  Currently only the Windows version
supports shared memory transport.

You should use the socket transport: dt_socket.

I've just done a fresh install of Forte and when I select
'Debug->Attach to VM...', it automatically sets 'Transport' to
'dt_socket'.  It's not possible to change that value.

> netbeans folks claim this doesn't happen on other platforms so
> they're bypassing the problem

The question is why it tries to use dt_shmem on your system.

> I don't tend to use JPDA at the moment so this isn't a
> problem and I can always fall back to running netbeans
> in a WinNT environment to do my debugging, but ....
> I'ld rather keep to Linux whereever possible.

        Juergen

--
Juergen Kreileder, Blackdown Java-Linux Team
http://www.blackdown.org/java-linux.html