Re: The proposed java policy have now moved.

Hi Ola,

	Great work, and thanks for updating the policy. :-)

	Just one question though - I'm curious why programs have to depend on
	both java-virtual-machine *and* java1/2-runtime now ? Why is this so ?

	I would have thought depending on java1/2-runtime would implicitly
	mean that the software requires a java-virtual-machine ?

	Now that we have java1/2-runtime, what does java-virtual-machine
	actually mean now ? (do we even need it anymore ?) does it mean 'any'
	jvm ? (in which case depending on it and java1/2 would be slightly
	contradictory wouldn't it ?)

	Or have I missed the point entirely ? :-)

	Cheers,

	Marcus

On Tue, 2 Oct 2001, Ola Lundqvist wrote:

> Package: www.debian.org
>
> Hi
>
> As the new maintainer I have now finally had the time to
> change the policy acording to the discussions on the java
> mailinglist.
>
> Because the previous policy was on bortz accound I have to
> move it to a new location
> http://people.debian.org/~opal/java/policy.html
>
> So the link from www.debian.org/devel should be changed acordingly.
>
> Hints on how to make this page (automaticly, no manual changes each
> time please) look like the other official pages
> are appriciated. Bortz used docbook but I can not find out how
> he created the web version. So now I have the same html version
> as the one in java-common.
>
> Regards,
>
> // Ola
>
> PS: Folks on debian-java are welcome to read it though and make
> comments. :)
> DS.

     ,,$$$$$$$$$,      Marcus Crafter
     ;$,    _/\ &&:'   60327 Frankfurt Germany
          &&&&.        Business Hours : +49 69 9757 200
    &&&&&&&: