Re: RFC: JVM Registry

Hi Ben,

On Tue, 11 Sep 2001, Ben Burton wrote:

> So.  What I propose is to create a JVM registry.  This will be in a
>
> Following this, package java-common would provide:
>
>   - The registry directory itself (eg. /usr/share/java/registry);
>   - A set of scripts that query the registry (eg. find a JVM with version
>     >= foo, find the Runtime: token corresponding to /usr/bin/java, find
>     the classpath for the given JVM or for /usr/bin/java, find the JVM
>     with greatest version, etc.)
>
> Thoughts?

	Looks good mate - one question though: How can a startup script for a
	pre-packaged application (or alternatively one of the pre-packaged
	recognition scripts) find out which registry file it should read when
	more than one debianised jvm package is installed ? Do you propose
	a symlink somewhere to the active registry file ?

	Cheers,

	Marcus

     ,,$$$$$$$$$,      Marcus Crafter
     ;$,    _/\ &&:'   60327 Frankfurt Germany
          &&&&.        Business Hours : +49 69 9757 200
    &&&&&&&: