Re: The evils of /usr/share/java/repository

Jeff Turner <jeff@socialchange.net.au> writes:

[...]

> As long as it's not purely additive. I want to be able to remove stuff
> from the classpath, not just add my stuff. There are various subtle
> problems that can occur otherwise:

Make /usr/bin/java a modified version of your proj.sh, wher you add
that if you set CLASSPATH, proj.sh (or /usr/bin/java) only adds system
class-path to your CLASSPATH with stuff that is needed to run a basic
clean Java machine.  Or even doesn't add anything at all.

Then you can override system class-path.

And it will be your responsibility to set that class-path right in
CLASSPATH.

[...]

> --Jeff

/Jackson