Re: Packages that require Java 2 ?

> Until, and unless, there exists even the wiff of an alternate Java2
> implementation *in Debian*, I flat out don't see the point of this.

What precisely is your objection to this discussion?  So we only have the
blackdown port now.  Maybe in a year or two kaffe will support java2.
Maybe the gcj people will support java2.  Maybe not.

Nevertheless, there is certainly a variety of java 1.1 runtimes to choose
from.  What's wrong with taking the time now to set up a nice generic
infrastructure for java2 so there's no new mess to sort out in a few
years' time?

b.