Tomcat and Apache trouble

Sorry about the previous mess. :)
It has been a week.

I am currently running j2sdk1.3 with tomcat-3.2.1 and apache-1.3.19
with mod-je matching the tomcat.

There seems to be a problem communicating from apache to the tomcat.
If I access a servlet or jsp from the tomcat web server things work properly.
If I try to access the same from the apache web server there is a problem.
Apache returns a "404 resource not found" error.

I suspect that the problem is in the tomcat-auto file but I'm not sure what needs to be changed there.
Any suggestions or solutions would be appreciated.

Thanks,
J.R.

--
J.R. Westmoreland  (W7JR)