Re: Quitting debian-java

I have no trouble running Java on my Debian system.  I download the jdk
from Sun, throw it in /usr/local and run.  BTW, I do the same for Apache
and several other programs too.  I appreciate Debian for the overall
OS and environment, but even if I was using Windows, RedHat, or even
Solaris!  I would still download Apache, JServ, the jdk, and other things
and install them myself.  Maybe a JVM in the debian package system with
dependencies and java other programs and all that is a nice goal (and the
reason why I stay on this list), but I would object to any stating it's
not possible to develop Java on Linux (even Debian Linux) today.

---- Cris J H