Re: Getting ant and kaffe to play nice

Stephane Bortzmeyer wrote:

> On Wednesday 1 November 2000, at 23 h 54, the keyboard of Seth Arnold
> <sarnold@willamette.edu> wrote:
>
> > Try rebuilding Kaffe after installing GNU gmp.
>
> GMP detection was broken in Kaffe (it is needed in Freenet, for
> instance). It works in the CVS version of Kaffe but I'm not sure about
> the Kaffe we have in potato.

GMP detection was _not_ broken in Kaffe 1.0.6.  It's slink package gmp2-dev
that don't provide libgmp.so for link process and includes are in a
non-standard place /usr/include/gmp2 :-(  This was corrected in
potato as libgmp2-dev provides libgmp.so and install include in
/usr/include directory.

So, if you have potato, you must check that package libgmp2-dev is
installed.  Then check if file /usr/lib/libgmp.so (or /usr/lib/libgmp.a)
exist and include file gmp.h is in /usr/include.

If you have slink and don't want to upgrade
to potato, create the folling links (from memory):

    /usr/lib/libgmp.so -> /usr/lib/libgmp2.so
    /usr/include/gmp.h -> /usr/include/gmp2/gmp.h

Hope this helps.
--
Edouard G. Parmelan
http://egp.free.fr