Re: JSP error on simple page.

Jim Brennan wrote:

> I have been running apache for a while now. Today I installed gnujsp, jserv,
> kaffe, jikes, and ??? (any other default dependency selection for gnujsp).

JServ doesn't work very well with kaffe - please use jdk1.1-dev instead.

> Error compiling source file: file:/var/www/index.jsp
> sun/tools/javac/Main

These classes are in classes.zip from jdk1.1-dev, you have to use jikes
as Java compiler if you are using kaffe. Please take a look at the GNUJSP
documentation on how to do this - or remove the gnujsp package and reinstall
it _after_ jikes has been installed, then this should be done automatically.

Just a note: If you want to work with the newer JSP 1.1 specifiation please
take a look at the Tomcat package from http://master.debian.org/~sgybas/
tomcat/.

--
Stefan Gybas