Re:Experimental Tomcat package available

Stefan Gybas wrote:

> I'm not the Cocoon maintainer but I think this is a logical step. The
> new Cocoon releases (1.7.x) use most of the components that are also
used
> by Tomcat, e.g. the Xerces XML parser instead of OpenXML. However,
> Cocoon 1.7 also needs Xalan-J (the XSLT stylesheet processor) which is
not
> yet packaged. I might do this in the future, together with Rhino and
> BSF which are useful additions to Xalan.

The followings are my experiences to configure tomcat to use cocoon:

Platform: Slackware 7.0
Tomcat: version 3.1 (binary package)
Cocoon: version 1.7.4 (built from source)
jdk: jdk1.2.2
result: success

Platform: potato (i386)
Tomcat: version 3.2 (built from source) / debian package
Cocoon: version 1.7.4 & 1.8-dev (built from source)
jdk: jdk1.2.2 / jdk1.1 for debian package
result: lose

Platorm: woody (ppc)
Tomcat: version 3.2 (built form source) / debian package (rebuilt with
j2sdk1.3)
Cocoon: version 1.7.4 & 1.8-dev (built from source)
jdk: j2sdk1.3
result: lose

Platform: potato(i386)
Tomcat: version 4.0-m1 / nightly (built from source)
Cocoon : version 1.7.4 & 1.8-dev (built from source)
jdk: jdk1.2.2
result: sucess

sucess means:
all examples given by tomcat and cocoon can be executed and observed on
browser.

lose means:
all examples given by tomcat can be executed and observed, but can not
found the /Cocoon.xml page.

Are there any problems for the debian box with tomcat 3.x and cocoon?

Any Comment?

Alex Wan from Hong Kong