FW: IBM Developer Kit for Linux, Java Technology Edition and Debi an (fwd)

Hello all,

Sorry for crossposting, but I think this may be important enough to
warrant that action.

I have received the following letter from IBM. This states that in two
weeks the license for IBM JDK will change so that it will not contain any
restrictions for the usage of it on any Linux system (the ridiculous
clauses concerning RH6 and Caldera2.2 will go away at the very least).

I don't know anything about what the exact license will be, whether it
will allow packaging IBM JDK in non-free, or only the installer, but
anyway, there will be no legal problem concerning the usage of the
ibm-jdk11-installer. I don't expect IBM JDK to go open-source by the way,
so I don't think that it will go into main.

Robert Varga