Re: Netscape 4.72 installed OK Composer still crashing!

On Mon, Feb 28, 2000 at 01:18:45AM -0600, John Foster wrote:
> I finally got a copy of Netscape Communicator 4.72 Linux2.2 installed
> and running. Composer is still crashing on my Potato box. I did as
> suggested and disabled the java functions and the problem seems to go
> away. Is this really a Java problem in Potato or is Netscape crapped
> out. I do not have this problem on my stable Slink systems, and the
> problem only appeared with Netscape 4.7, when I upgraded to Potato. Any
> Ideas!! Is there something I need to do with Java??

 On redhat 6.0, I think someone found out that installing the 100dpi fonts
_and_ the 75dpi fonts is necessary to make netscape java work.  (maybe
you've got them both on your slink box, hence the difference?) Since rh6.0
uses glibc 2.1 and kernel 2.2.x, like potato, this bit of magic might work
for your potato system.

--
#define X(x,y) x##y
DUPS Secretary ; http://is2.dal.ca/~dups/