IBM JDK for Debian?

A request for clarification: it is my understanding that the
IBM JDK port for Linux can not be packaged for Debian because
of licensing that requires RedHat. I also remember reading
that IBM and RedHat have some kind of distribution agreement.
Finally, I read a claim that Bruce Perens is/was talking to
IBM about these issues.

With respect to potato having gone into freeze, is it correct
to say that even if the issue is resolved, the IBM JDK will
not be available with Debian/for Debian? If any of the above
is incorrect, I'd appreciate a notifier. Thanks.

                                              b.