Re: Java policy (was Re: tasks)

On Thu, Jan 20, 2000 at 07:25:58PM +0100, Stefan Gybas wrote:
> Well, this policy is a little bit outdated (from Juli 1999 IIRC) - Kaffe
> 1.0.5 was not available at this time at many Java programs now run with
> Kaffe 1.0.5 that didn't run with 1.0.4. And I personally don't like some
> things in this policy (e.g. the naming convention for Java packages) and
> it is not part of the official policy, so I'm not forced to follow it.

It's a volunteer project; you're not forced to follow any of it. Still,
just so everything works together better, wouldn't it be nice to follow
it or at least propose changes? Gratitious non-following of standards,
even brain-damaged or non-"official" ones, can be more painful then
dealing with the problems caused by following the standard.

--
David Starner - dstarner98@aasaa.ofe.org
If you wish to strive for peace of soul then believe;