Java policy (was Re: tasks)

David Starner wrote:

> This is covered in the Java policy. According to the Java policy, many
> packages can't run with Kaffe.

Well, this policy is a little bit outdated (from Juli 1999 IIRC) - Kaffe
1.0.5 was not available at this time at many Java programs now run with
Kaffe 1.0.5 that didn't run with 1.0.4. And I personally don't like some
things in this policy (e.g. the naming convention for Java packages) and
it is not part of the official policy, so I'm not forced to follow it.

> It also has to compile with Jikes/Guavac/GCJ, and it doesn't compile
> with them right now.

Which programs won't compile with them? JServ does compile very well with
Jikes (using the classes from Blackdown's of IBM's JDK).

Please take this thread to debian-java if you want to further discuss this.

--
Stefan Gybas