Re: JFORK: Or a reasonable response to the Sun SCSL

Seth R Arnold Writes:
> how would you feel if instead of forking java like that, he meant forking
> the jdk? (For the sake of argument, if nothing else. :)

I consider the blackdown port it's own kind of fork of the jdk.  So, in
essence I would probably support a fork of the jdk.  But I don't understand
how writing a free JVM, class libraries, and compiler will convince Sun
to change the SCSL.  If the JVM, class libraries and compiler are done
according to the same spec, and they were "functional" then I would use and
support them.  As an example, I use Apache JServ, rather then LiveSoftware's
JRun, or Sun's servlet runner.  I have no problems using free implementations
of published specs.  I encourage that.

---- Cris J H

--
Cris J. Holdorph