Re: JFORK: Or a reasonable response to the Sun SCSL

On Tue, Sep 14, 1999 at 10:25:52PM -0700, Cris J. Holdorph wrote:
> Seth R Arnold Writes:
> After re-reading his message, he did not state what the "fork" would be.
> So, he would have to provide clarification himself.

Fair enough. :)

> But I thought, his idea was, "because Java 2 is under SCSL ... lets try to
> come up with a very 'Java 2-like' specification and then implement a JVM,
> class libraries, etc. around it".

how would you feel if instead of forking java like that, he meant forking
the jdk? (For the sake of argument, if nothing else. :)

thanks Cris. :)

Hate spam? See http://maps.vix.com/rbl/ for help
Hi! I'm a .signature virus! Copy me into
your ~/.signature to help me spread!