Re: kaffe orphaned?

On Tue, 7 Sep 1999, Steve Robbins wrote:

> On Tue, 7 Sep 1999, Adam Heath wrote:
>
> > <rant topic="off slightly">
> > Debian is about communication.  Email.  Irc.  Phone.  Conferences.  Anything.
> > But not blind work.  This is a community project, not just a bunch of
> > individuals who happen to all put out software in the same format.  If we
> > can't communicate, then I am afraid Debian will suffer.
> >
> > It is unfortunate that Debian is coming to this.  There have been several
> > recent issues related to this.  The whole -ja issue, the needless emails on a
> > ballooning -private, the FHS issue.  All have been needless bickered about,
> > when a little bit of talk before the fact could have saved a lot of headaches.
> > </rant>
>
> Well said!
>
> Now, as a relative newbie to Debian: what is NMU?  And is there a listing
> of all these Debian acronyms (RTP, etc)?

NMU = Non-Maintainer Upload.  Anytime someone other than the maintainer
      uploads a deb.
RTP = Request To Package.  Also can use For).
ITP = Intent To Package.  Sent to -devel say you are preparing a deb.
DPL = Debian Project Leader.  Current Wichert Wakkerma <wakkerma@debian.org>

There are others as well.  But that is left up to you as a new developer to
find out(we can't teach you everything).

Adam