Editor for the Java policy (Was: RFC: An alternative to /usr/share/java/repository

On Saturday 6 November 1999, at 18 h 14, the keyboard of "Ean R . Schuessler"
<ean@novare.net> wrote:

> I know that it is a bit late in the game to get this concept into
> freeze

[No longer an issue.]

> If this idea is recieved favorably perhaps it and some other
> formalizations can be folded into some final and genuine java policy.

Any volunteer to serve as the editor? It means writing the policy (not a lot of characters/lines but every word has to be carefully choosen), merging patches, patching the packages to test if the policy is realistic, sending bug reports to the maintainers to ask them to comply, helping them if they experience trouble, etc.

See the recent adoption of a Perl policy to understand what it means.