Re: FW: Sun Microsystems (Java Discussion)

Hi Paul,

I received your name from Brent Fulgham regarding a desire to discuss
Java on Linux. I have spoken with a variety of people from Sun over
the past several years about the intellectual property issues
surrounding Java and especially its relationship with Kaffe. I most
recently spoke with Ken Arnold about the licensing problems with the
SCSL and its use in the Jini project. I have also spoken with John
Gage at various points regarding the status of Kaffe as a genuine JVM.

I represent Debian and SPI in other capacities within other organizations
(Linux International, for one) and have a vested interest in Java
since we use it extensively in my business. There is currently no specific
Debian-Java advisor or representative so it might be a good if you can
give us a better description of what you are trying to achieve. Does this
discussion require a non-disclosure agreement? Perhaps we could just
discuss it in the forum of the Debian-Java list.

I am available on a personal basis (not as an official representative)
if you would like to discuss the matter with someone who has an
extensive Java background and a long-term relationship with Debian.

Best regards,

On Tue, Oct 05, 1999 at 08:45:30AM -0700, Brent Fulgham wrote:
> The attached chain of e-mail documents some overtures on Sun's part
> regarding Java on the Linux platform.  You have probably already seen the
> original e-mail on the Debian-Java list, but I am forwarding this to you
> specifically because Nils suggested you as someone with existing
> relationships with Sun.

Ean Schuessler                                             As above
Novare International Inc.                                  so below
*** WARNING: This signature may contain jokes.