Re: CLASSPATH settings for JDBC

On Wed, 25 Aug 1999, Stephane Bortzmeyer wrote:

> > 1) Where can I find the recent Debian Java policy for storing the
> >    files right?
> http://www.debian.org/~bortz/Java/policy.html
Thanks.  I hoped to find out what to do that the package would
work without setting an explicite CLASSPATH.  Unfortunately I
havn't found a way to do that.

> > 2) I suppose that the package has to be go to contrib.  It is GPLed
> >    but it dependance from JDK makes avoids that it goes into main.
> >    Is this right?
> Unfortunately, yes.
Today I saw that jikes resides under main.  If I would found out
that freetds_jdbc would work under JVM kaffe I could change the control
file this way

  Package: freetds-jdbc
  Architecture: all
  Depends: java-compiler-dummy, java-virtual-machine-dummy, java-common

and this would enable it to go into main.  Is this correct?

Kind regards

        Andreas.