Re: Java binaries: CLASSPATH, -classpath, -cp?

On Tuesday 17 August 1999, at 18 h 31, the keyboard of Gregor Hoffleit
<flight@mathi.uni-heidelberg.de> wrote:

> Now if I'd like to make this script indepedent of the
> java-virtual-machine, what do I have to do ?

If all the Java virtual machines follow the Policy (built-in CLASSPATH which
includes the Repository, no CLASSPATH needed to find the core classes),
nothing (that is one of the main aims). If they don't follow the Policy =>
bug/wishlist against the JVM package.