Re: emacs21-nox in utf-8 with japanese and french at the same time.

Hi,

> I am using emacs21-nox on a Debian Etch which otherwise works very well
> with japanese. However, I do not manage to input kanas or kanjis in
> unicode. Strangely however, I manage to input french accents in unicode,
> so I really do not know where the problem is.
>
> I heard yesterday at the 東京エリア勉強会 that it is possible to
> use
> emacs with japanese, but I realise this morning that my problem is maybe
> more an unicode problem...

You need package mule-ucs which nowadays needs to be manually enabled, see /usr/share/doc/mule-ucs...

Does this work: ?

M-x set-terminal-coding-system <Ret> utf-8 <Ret>
M-x set-input-method <Ret> japanese <Ret>

best regards,

David
--
GnuPG public key: