Fonts issue under X?

Hello

I managed recently as one may have read earlier to enable japanese inputting
under my debian system, though i could read some already for months.
Under my terminals (mlterm or kterm) the characters, kanas or kanjis, print
very well, but under any other app, such as a web browser or an IRC
application, the characters print really uglily. They seem very thin,
somewhat unreadable, and sometimes, especially when i read some webpages, don
t show completely. I have to select the text with my mouse to make some
characters appear on screen.
So, i am wondering whether i am not missing some important  fonts, or whether
i misconfigured my computer about showing Japanese text.

I may send later a small jpg ( one char height and 2 or three width) to
explain, if no one sees what my problem is.

Thanks,

Adrien.

PS: By the way, may you tell me in private what mail program you prefer to use
to send mails written in Japanese?

--
Les paroles sinceres sont rarement elegantes
Les paroles elegantes sont rarement sinceres