Re: multi-language debian

G'day,

> > From what do you want to use Japanese input?  Emacs doesn't
> > use kinput2 (i.e. XIM protocol) but it connects to canna or
> > wnn server directly using some trick (difficult, please use
> > language-env to set up your ~/.emacs file).
> Thank you very much for your support, 久保田さん.
> I already used emacs (wonderful sw!) for inputting japanese. I set it up with canna (although I later discovered emacs was ALREADY capable of writing jap...) some time ago, with almost no problem (setting the things this thread is about has been far harder!); when I want to use it I just have to:
> Ctrl+\ japanese-canna <enter>
> (where Ctrl+\ stands for M-x set-input-method)
> And that's really nice, BUT I couldn't create any ps file, due to unsolved font stuff...

Try installing emacs-intl-fonts (it only exists on unstable but should
work with stable, and is missing some fonts, but has Japanese).  Then
ps-print-buffer should work with Japanese if you set:
(setq      ps-multibyte-buffer 'bdf-font-except-latin)

[snip]

--
Francis Bond  <www.kecl.ntt.co.jp/icl/mtg/members/bond/>
NTT Communication Science Laboratories | Machine Translation Research Group