Re: black/blank screen with kon2

Hi Sano San,

thanks for your help.

> My Note PC (NEC Lavie-Z LZ3001A) behaves as yours when
> "Screen Expansion" is enabled with BIOS setting.

> Now I disabled that expansion from BIOS setting menu,
> and kon2 works well.

> If your system has "Video Screen Expansion" switch in the BIOS
> setting menu, then just try disabling it.

Thanks, I found such a thing (HV expansion) in the BIOS-settings which was set to `on'. So I set it to `off' but unfortunately still don't get a running kon2.

Graphic chips on My Note PC is ATI Rage Mobility.
Following is quoted from /var/log/XFree86.0.log:

  (--) ATI(0): ATI 3D Rage Mobility graphics controller detected.
  (--) ATI(0): Chip type 4C52 "LR", version 4, foundry TSMC, class 0, revision 0x01

Well, I own an IBM Thinkpad X23 2662-EVJ (it's a japanese model) which have an ATI Radeon Mobility M6 LY Chip set. As I'm not running X I can't tell you much more about it, only `lspci -v' lists: 01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc Radeon Mobility M6 LY (prog-if 00 [VGA]
Subsystem: IBM: Unkown device 0239

What else could cause the problems/invisibility with kon? I can input e.g. `exit' and kon stops. The only thing is, that I can't see anything. :-(

I use the standard settings in /etc/kon.cfg (cause I am not a pro).