Re: console + japanese input

> On Wed, Nov 06, 2002 at 03:21:20PM +0100, Jakub Turski wrote:
> > In short: is there a possibility of japanese input/output without X?
> >
> > In  long: right now, I'm using jfbterm + xjdic, to lookup things in dic-
> > tionary. What should I do in  order  to  make  vim6  aware  of  japanese
> > language?
> egg package under emacs
>
> I am updating Japanese support section in my Debian Reference.
> If you are successful doing FB console, can you tell me how you did it
> in short reference style?
>
> I need content for "9.7.10 Example for UTF-8 in FB console":
>
>  http://qref.sourceforge.net/Debian/reference/ch-tune.en.html#s-fb-utf-8
>
> Any nice pointer to documentation should be suffice.
>
> This may be useful for russian etc.

And for the record, jfbterm does not work everywhere. Much like kon only worked
on x86, jfbterm really only works "most of the time". I have been unsuccessful
in getting it to run on my Ultra1 (Creator framebuffer).

Also, jvim with the onew(I think is what its called) system enabled at build
time will allow jvim to talk directly to canna. Ctrl-space/Ctrl-o will start
it (if you find Emacs over powering..).

John
--
  john wood