Re: Can you read ja_JP.eucJP created mail

> However, some Japanese mailers (e.g. web mailer on goo.ne.jp)
> don't support quoted-printable.

> ISO-2022-JP mail.

I am using:

mutt 1.3.28i-ja.1 (2002-03-13) (patches from: http://www.emaillab.org/mutt/)

and

jvim-canna 3.0-2.1a-4 Japanized VIM (Canna version)

for all of my mail. mutt tends to Do the Right Thing(tm) based on the
content of mail (as far as setting the right headers). the -ja patch
for mutt makes a difference, as the standard mutt distribution doesn't do
things quite right.

if you are interested in using mutt in english, while still being able to
use japanese, i set:

LANG="ja_JP.ujis"
LC_MESSAGES="C"
LC_TIME="C"
LOCALE="ja_JP.ujis"

if you are interested in seeing any of my mutt configs, i can make them
available you.

john

ps. consequently, i set: auto_vew text/html in my muttrc, and made sure
mailcap was using w3m. now gross html views fine in mutt, as well as _japanese_
html email. its so beautiful i could cry :)

--
  john wood
  systems administrator, gmo inc