Re: Can you read ja_JP.eucJP created mail

Hi,

At Tue, 5 Nov 2002 01:51:40 -0800,
Osamu Aoki wrote:

> Can you read following mail in your mailer.
>
> I am in EUC console in VIM 6
> I think it will go out as UTF-8
>
> こんにちは
>
> 日本語が読めますか
>
> VIMでの自動改行はどうしたらいいのかな?

I can read the above Japanese.  Your mail is written in UTF-8 and
has proper information in the header.

Note that mule-ucs package is needed to handle UTF-8 mails in
emacs-based mailers, like mew and wanderlust which are popular
among Japanese people.  Since mule-ucs causes very slow invocation
of emacsen, I think major part of Japanese users don't install
mule-ucs, which causes most of Japanese users cannot read UTF-8
mails.

Even I installed mule-ucs just now, in order to read your mail!

---
Tomohiro KUBOTA <kubota@debian.org>
http://www.debian.or.jp/~kubota/
"Introduction to I18N"  http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/intro-i18n/