Re: Using japanese input systems

Hi!

On Don, Nov 01, 2001 at 11:55:57 -0200, Francisco M. Neto wrote
> I have a debian system where the mostly used languages are Brazilian

Debian Potato (stabl) or Debian Woody (testing)?

> portuguese and English. How can I have the possibility to input
> japanese characters when I need to? I've heard about using
> canna+kinput2+yudit, is that right? If so, how do I do that?

Yes, you're right.
If you have a running canna server, you can start kinput2 with
"kinput2 -canna -ximp -xim -kinput&".
Applications that are using the kinput protocol (like yudit or kterm)
can run under every locale you have on your system.
Applications that are using the xim protocol (like vim or kterm) must
run under an Japanese locale.

Here (http://www.suse.de/~mfabian/suse-cjk/suse-cjk.html) you can
find other information regarding kinput2 and canna.

Shade and sweet water!

	Stephan

--
| Stephan Seitz                   E-Mail: Nur-Ab-Sal@gmx.de |