Re: Request for jgroff help

Colin Watson <cjw44@flatline.org.uk> immo vero scripsit

Hi,

> I haven't decided yet how this is going to interact with my new
> packaging (see bug #53225). The programs in groff-base will be compiled
> with Japanese support, but since the Japanese fonts etc. are very large
> I doubt they'll go in the base system package. Depending on what
> fraction of the groff package they turn out to be, they'll either go in
> groff or in a separate groff-ja plug-in package.

Whatever it is, if someone remotely logs in via terminal, and tries to
view a Japanese-language manpage, the machine will not
need any Japanese font. The client would need one, but
the server just dumps series of characters.

So Japanese support doesn't directly mean it will be big.

regards,
	junichi

--
dancer@debian.org  http://www.netfort.gr.jp/~dancer