Re: [Q]TrueType Japanese fonts

Hi,

At Sat, 18 Nov 2000 10:25:52 +0900 (JST),
wen@japan.email.ne.jp wrote:

> Hi,
> Small size Japanese fonts in Netscape looks ugly. I wonder whether
> a TrueType Japanese font exists in Debian(potato or woody).
> Thanks.

I think not only small fonts but also large fonts in Netscape will
look ugly without Japanese truetype fonts.

'xtt-fonts' package is available.  Unfortunately, it is not a part
of official Debian distribution.  Please check Debian JP Project
http://www.debian.or.jp/ and you will find the package.

Note that XFree86 3.x cannot handle Japanese truetype font.  You
will need xfs-xtt package.  If you are using XFree86 4.x, use "xtt"
module instead of "freetype" module.

Documents in user-ja (potato) or language-env (woody) package may
help you.

---
Tomohiro KUBOTA <kubota@debian.org>
http://surfchem0.riken.go.jp/~kubota/