sorting kana

Hello,

I'm new to this mailing list.

I'd like to sort a list of EUC(JIS)-encoded hiragana and katakana words.
The sorting should be done either in alphabetical rômaji order or in the
kana table order (a,i,u,e,o, ka,ki,ku,ke,ko, and so on). Either would be
fine (I don't necessarily need both). The sorting should not distinguish
between hiragana and katakana characters.

Could someone point me to a command-line tool, or to a library that
helps with this in Perl or C? It would probably not be difficult to code
this entirely by myself in C, but I'd like to keep this as simple as
possible.

Thanks,

-- Niklas