Re: some Mule support pathes for emacs20

RB> In the longer run, I just want to make it clear that I'll be hesitant
RB> to include any patches that substantially effect the behavior of emacs
RB> unless they're approved by the emacs developers, so your best route
RB> will be to go through them.  However, if the upstream developers do
RB> approve the patches, then I'll be more than happy to include them.

Yes, right.

RB> Also be aware that it's my understanding that *no* xemacs code can be
RB> accepted by emacs unless the author's willing to sign over the
RB> copyrights.

I know too, and I have heard some stories of rejected patches for Emacs.
For examples, Canna support, XIM support, or so. Probably, they will not
be merged to Emacs. But I think that we can fork package on Debian.
(cf. FreeBSD Project has some patched emacs)

Well, I will maintain package of patched Emacs20 as mule4 (forking)
In the future, if they became needless, we can remove mule4 package from
Debian.

Regards.
--
Takuo KITAME